Wednesday, March 9, 2016

3/9/16 - Brotherly Love & Sold!

After 4 nights in the NICU in Peoria we welcomed Emmett Dell Trost home! He is named after his great grandma Ardell. Terry chose Emmett after my suggestions got the thumbs down. We think E fits him nicely.

He surprised us on leap day when my water broke around 2:30. Our nice calm plans for the c-section on 3/1 faded quickly. I was in pretty intense labor and there was no sign he was turning so c-section was moved up to 5:40.

He had a hole in his lung at birth that doctors described as a freak accident from normal fluid in the lungs and an inopportune cough....really? In Peoria they didn't "treat" him at all and just monitored  the little guy. We were released when the x-Ray was clear. 

It's crazy how much having a baby with special needs changes parents' perspectives. I didn't cry one tear through the whole experience of the ambulance coming and taking my new baby away and leaving me behind. I just had this weird sense of calm because it was treatable and not a long-term complication. I'm pretty sure I cried the first time Sammie had a fever. I was very blessed to have the Ory's spend lots of time with me and take me to Peoria after my 24hr post surgery timeline was up. Many thanks to them!!!

Overall we are all just loving the new guy so much. We both keep saying how "easy" he is. I'm not sure how much of that is attributable to Sammie being high maintenance and well Leo just always keeping us on our toes? 

So after being home for a night, Terry didn't want to waste anytime getting the house listed on the Internet. We just did a free for sale by owner ad on Zillow. Terry lined up a showing for Monday night and two for Tuesday. Well our luck turned around and the Monday nighters gave us a good offer we accepted before we even had to show it on Tuesday! 

Thank God that Is over! The decluttered hiding garbage can life style is not for us! I really need to thank Terry. He worked so hard the last month. He fixed so many things, decluttered, handled all the bank stuff and even made the flyers. It all paid off. He said we could buy a house, have a baby and sell a house while working full time for yearend and keeping the other 2 kids alive and I said he was crazy....but he was right! :) Go Ter!

I'm off work for the next 9 weeks. I don't get the normal 8 week medical maternity Leave for a c-section because I only work part time so I'm basically just on fmla absence. I will go back for a few weeks in the beginning of May and then will be off again at the end of May when we move. I look forward to lots of time with the kiddos!

Many thanks for everyone's prayers. We are very blessed!



1 comment:

  1. Good looking family! Awesome to see everyone together and happy!

    ReplyDelete