Wednesday, April 27, 2016

4/27/16 - Saying Goodbye to Grammy

My Grandma Sol passed away on Saturday. She was a very kind and gentle  person who loved to visit with Sammie. The past several years she suffered from dimensia so she just wasn't herself. Terry and I made the trip out to Pennsylvania to see her every year until Leo was born. Unfortunately I hadn't seen her in nearly 3 years. However, I'm sure if she could understand the situation, she would not have wanted us to leave Leo to visit. 

It was important to me to say my final goodbyes and Leo has been healthy lately so I packed up Sammie and Emmett on Monday morning and made the 12 hour drive with my parents. I definitely could not have made it without my mom, but it was sad Terry couldn't come too. He always enjoyed our trips out East, but Leo just isn't up for that trip yet. 

My Aunt Sue planned a lovely service and it was good to see my Dad's side of the family again. My brother Shea also made the trip all the way from Vegas. Sammie thought she was on vacation and enjoyed swimming and a trip to Chocolate World. 

Sadly for this Mom, I have to go back to work on Monday. I will miss E but I am lucky it's only 2 days per week in May. We are closing on the new house on May 26th so life will continue to be crazy busy but good. 


1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about your loss. Sending prayers for peace, healing and comfort for your family during this difficult time. -Chip

    ReplyDelete