The hard part about this birthday is Leo is still not reaching milestones. Normally Facebook birthday posts include a summary of all the babies new accomplishments. We are still not tracking or holding our head up. While we were in the hospital we could attribute a portion of the delay to the confined setting. We are not giving up and still hopeful for some improvements, but birthdays are discouraging reminders. We are headed to therapy tomorrow so maybe they will have some new suggestions.
I completed 3 full days of work and so far it has gone pretty well. The biggest issue was waking up to our night nurse asleep in Leo's room on Monday. It is extremely dangerous for a nurse to sleep on the job. Leo could pull out his artificial airway or suffocate on a mucus plug. When he is on the vent he cannot make noise to alert caregivers when he is in distress. Eventually his pulse ox would beep , but his high heart rate already sets it off so frequently I'm afraid the nurses are tolerant of the alarm. She didn't wake up when I walked down the stairs or came in the room so I'm not sure the alarms would wake her up either. Terry had a stern conversation with her and let her know the next time something like this happens it will be the last. He handled it so well....I just felt like yelling.
Seeing all my wonderful coworkers has made being away okay. I'm super lucky to work at SF, but I'm still struggling to know if we are making the best choice for the kids. I guess only time will tell.
Leo also has another bum eye. Tuesday he got a carpet fiber on it and today it is very red and swollen. If it is not better in the morning we will be headed to the doctor. It's hard when I come home to things like this.....would it happen if I was there....probably, but I think I would feel less guilty.
Happy birthday bubba!

I will never cancel our State Farm policies which we have had for more than 30 years. SF should be awarded the "Best Place to Work" in the USA. I have been continuously happily surprised at how well K & T have been treated by their work-superiors and I hope that they all get a raise! Happy 7 Leo...G-Ma Helen
ReplyDelete