Our new nurses are working out really well! I didn't know how unhappy I was with sleepy until I worked with our new nurses. They are very engaged with Leo and kind people. They do have a large learning curve with Leo's unique needs, but they are asking good questions and picking up on his needs. We went two whole weeks in a row without any appointments except therapy! We saw the hearing therapist for the first time. She seems like she will be really helpful once he gets some hearing aids. Our vision therapist brought Leo a "vision" room and some other cool toys. She is like Santa Claus (a beautiful blonde Mrs Claus maybe). He also did well at Physical Therapy. We have been working hard at tummy time and he is lifting his head up a little more each time. :) The only thing not going well is the tongue biting. He keeps spitting out the Gibby and sneaking in a few bites here and there. We are not giving up yet!
We did have a little nurse drama. Our favorite night nurse got very sick in the middle of the night last week and I had to take her to the emergency. I felt really bad for her. She is okay but needs to do some follow up testing. It sucks because she does not have insurance. Our agency does not offer it :(. She is researching Obama care and it actually seems like a really good deal. We are learning more about every aspect of the medical world than we ever thought possible.
Personally, I have also selfishly been having lots of fun. Last weekend I got to go to Chicago with some great girl friends from work. Our friend Julie just moved there. It was so fun seeing her new place downtown and living the city life for a few nights :). Many thanks to Terry and Aunt Susan for letting me get away! This weekend we had a shrimp boil with all the Heyworthians and Patty and Chip (honorary Heyworthians). Sammie stayed up to 11:00 but it was worth it. In the past two weeks Sammie has completely given up pacis and has pretty much given up on naps. She is growing up fast!
Cheers to another good week and getting our nurses healthy!



No comments:
Post a Comment