We made it home and are doing great! The ambulance came to pick up Leo at the hospital around noon and we arrived home at 1:00. Our nursing case manager, our full time day nurse and our equipment manager met us at the door. Our trainer from the hospital road home with us in the ambulance and made sure we were all set-up. It is amazing to be home again and have our family under one roof. Bringing Leo home this time is very comparable to bringing home a new born baby. We are filled with joy, but at the same time scared and anxious over his every move.
Our day time nurse seems great. She stayed until about 4:30 just learning about Leo and helping out. Sammie was a little overwhelming tonight. She was super cute and wanted to help with every detail, but also needed lots of attention. Tonight Terry is going to sleep from 9:00-3:30 and then get up so I can sleep a little before he leaves for work. I also plan to take a nap tomorrow when our nurse is a little more comfortable with Leo. It will be challenging until our night nurse starts but much better than being at the hospital.
Thanks for everyone's prayers and support that helped us bring our baby home again!



YAY!!! So so happy that you are all home together again!! Welcome back to Heyworth/"heaven" Leo! We love you and missed you!! Please tell your mom and dad we are happy to help in ANY way ANY time. Send big sis over to play any time :) :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you guys! Wish I didn't have to be out of town for the occasion so I could help out this week. I hope you guys know I'm here for you any hour of the day. Can't wait to come home Friday and see you all at home.
ReplyDeleteUncle Dave (red beard)
FANTASTIC news!!!!
ReplyDeleteBernie