Sunday, May 18, 2014

5/18 - Good to be Home

Our first 5 days home have been really good. It is so nice to have supper as a family and just be together. Leo is teething and was exceptionally upset today, but he has otherwise seemed really comfortable. His poor little gums are very red and swollen. He has been pretty much sleeping through the night.

Terry and I are a little sleep deprived but hope to catch up soon. Terry has been sleeping 9:00ish to 3:00ish and I have been sleeping 3:00ush to 6:00ish and napping when I can.  I'm not sure how Terry is staying awake at work. We think the night nurse will be trained enough to let us sleep tomorrow night. We are looking forward to sleeping the 5 nights a week that she will be here. So far she seems like a really nice caring person. Leo has been good for her. 

The day nurse had experience changing Trachs in adults and did well with our first Trach change at home on a Friday. It is really odd having a stranger in our house caring for our baby. Hopefully I will get used to it eventually. 

Leo is getting used to his big sister!

Get off my arm!
Ahh! That is my eye!

And then there are pics like this where he is happy when his sister is not bothering him. 



1 comment:

  1. I had never seen anyone fall asleep standing up until I saw poor Kate this week; she was the picture of TIRED and Terry's face was very tired too but bless the Birthday Boy, he kept the pay check coming in and still got a lot of child care and house chores done. Love is amazing! G-ma Helen

    ReplyDelete