Thursday, March 6, 2014

3/6 - Go Grandma!

The hospital has a respiratory therapist who is dedicated to getting Trach kids home. He is training us how to take care of Leo. As always grandma Helen is a life saver and she is coming up twice a week to train with this special therapist. Ter and I feel pretty comfortable because we watched the nurses care for him for a week before we did anything. Mom hasn't been up since Leo got the Trach so she hasn't had a chance to observe. Our trainer said we need to take advantage of the time we have and threw mom right in the fire! She did great! She was suctioning the junk out and asking lots of good questions. Many thanks to Theresa for keeping Sammie during the training! Sammie is being a meanie and pushing little guys and not sharing. Let's pray she adjusts her attitude soon!

We also just learned Leo is getting a special stroller to support his low tone and carry all his equipment. I'm excited we will have a safe way to cart Leo around. The stroller can also be used in the house as a high hair chair or just another seating option. 

Also rounds were much better today. We had another different doctor so I asked him what he thought about the antibiotic. He said Leo had elevated white blood cells which means his body was working on something. So that tells him the bacteria is more than a normal culture and we need to get it! That all made sense to me so I'm feeling much better than yesterday. 

I forgot to take a cute pic of Leo today so here is him trying to decide if he should be frumpy or sleepy.


No comments:

Post a Comment