Wednesday, February 19, 2014

2/19 - Continuing To Heal

Leo continues to heal from surgery on Monday. Occasionally he will wake up and look around but for the most part, he is very sleepy from the pain medication. He continues to be weaned on his ventilator settings. Right now, the ventilator is set at 16 breaths per minute and Leo continues to breath above the vent averaging somewhere in the range of 25-50 breaths per minute. I would expect the blog posts in the days to come to be a very similar status until Monday when the surgeons change his trach and really start to reduce his pain medications.

Kate finally got to go home today and see Sammie after a 4 day stretch at the hospital. I feel bad that she had to be away from Sammie for so long. While Kate was at the hospital, I was busy dealing with snow storms, truck problems, and power outages. And to top it off, Sammie woke up with a fever this morning. Thank you to all of my friends this week who helped me with so many things including shoveling my driveway, making us dinner, and driving me to work.

If anyone is wondering, here is our schedule for the rest of the week.

Thursday: Kate @ Hospital
Friday: Terry @ Hospital (I am excited our good friend Luke is visiting from Colorado and will get to meet Leo)
Saturday: Terry @ Hospital
Sunday: Kate @ Hospital
Monday: Kate @ Hospital
Tuesday: Terry @ Hospital
Wednesday: Kate @ Hospital

Should you notice some new things on the blog, Kate and I are updating the blog template to provide additional links to help navigate the blog. Hard to believe that we have 75 posts on this blog site and over 22,000 page views.

No comments:

Post a Comment