Everything else is pretty much status quo. He is getting a new ventilator machine today that will be the same kind we take home if he needs one. Once he is used to it, they will continue to wean him off of vent settings. I got to hold him last night for the first time in 2&1/2 weeks. Honestly it was a little disappointing. He was fired up mad and making scrunchie face before I held him and when I cuddled him he settled some and his heart rate went down to normal but he was still agitated and making scrunchie face. He was agitated again this morning. I held him for a few hours and we ended up giving him some ativan to relax him. We like that drug because it just seems to take the edge off instead of making him overly tired and out of it. When I held him he felt huge, I didn't realize he had grown so much since we arrived. He is almost up to 12 pounds so I assume be will be switching to 3-6 month clothes next time he gets to wear them.
Tuesday, February 25, 2014
2/25 - Trach Change Day
Leo's first Trach change was successful. Surgery just came up and took the old one out and put a new one in. The hole in his neck looks really similar to the hole in his belly for his g-tube. We will be responsible for changing his Trach weekly and the dressing/ties daily. Overnight he has been having trouble with increased PVC which is basically heart arrhythmia. They think his PICC line might be in too far and irritating his heart so they are pulling it back a little today. They don't seem too concerned. He has switched over to 1 quarter breast milk mixed with 3/4 enfaport. They hope to gradually increase his breast milk ratio.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi cutie Leo! Cuddles from the Lius.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how big he looks here!!! Great job on the growing Leo. Praying for you everyday.
ReplyDeleteHe looks so good!
ReplyDelete