Friday, February 28, 2014

2/28 - Making Progress

The last two days have been busy:
1. Our insurance approved the Exome Gene Sequencing. This is currently the ultimate genetic test. If Leo's challenges have genetic roots, this should find it. We get our blood drawn on Wednesday and the results take about 3 months.
2. Leo was moved to the home version of a ventilator on Wednesday and is doing well. They downgraded him from an intensive care patient to an intermediate patient. These patients share a nurse between 3 nurses compared to 2 in icu. This step forwarded also means a new room setup. So far I'm very unhappy with the new room but I'll share more about that later.
3. Leo started getting physical, occupational and speech therapy this week. I'm super happy about this and makes the forever long hospital stay more worthwhile. 
4. Terry, Mom and I are all signed up for training on Leo's new trach. It's a lot to learn.
5. We are interviewing nursing companies next week. They are coming to the hospital to meet us. 

Here is Leo in his seat I brought to the hospital for him:

Sammie has given up on napping and was in rare form tonight. I'm hopping she changes her mind soon! Tonight she insisted that she needed all her bibs on her. 


1 comment:

  1. Samantha has been a real Character this week - I believe it is called 'the terrible twos' and I sure hope that the trach teacher has a lot of patience with a lot of repetitions...G-Ma Helen

    ReplyDelete