Wednesday, February 5, 2014

2/4 - Back in the Hospital

So Tuesday was an all around bad day, but I don't have it in me to write about the 1st half of it right now. We got home from a doc visit in Peoria around 5:00 and the car ride was uneventful. We were feeling fortunate for just beating the storm. We sat Leo in his bouncy seat and he started desaturation after being in there for a little while. We thought no big deal, but it was a rerun of last week and he wasn't coming up. We eventually got the oxygen and suctioned him really good and he seemed okay. He did get in the 50s and turn blue during the episode. We think during the car ride in the car bed he got secretions stirred up that he couldn't handle. Throughout the night he continued to sound junky and we suctioned him several times. He went as long as two hours without needing oxygen and we did normal things like eat supper and play with Sammie. Around 9:00 Ter went up to put Sammie down for bed and I had to call him for help. Leo was dropping fast and Ter helped get the oxygen back on him. We played the yo yo game for about 2 hours and he seemed to be getting worse. We decided we should go to the emergency room.....easier said than done because there is a blizzard! We debated, but thought we better be in the safe side and go in. I called mom to come watch Sammie, but her phone was off (she still thinks it is ideal to charge it with it  off. Please help me convince her it's fine to leave it on!!). Anyway I just ran down there in the snow and got her and she came to save the day like usual! The drive to St Joe ER in bloomington was scary, but Ter got us here safe. I promise to never give him a hard time about having a 4-wheel drive truck again! 

At first when we got here (about 1:00am) Leo seemed much better, but he is pretty much back to the same as home sounding junkie and not maintaining his stats. He did have a chest x/rosy that looks good. Since he is 02 dependent at the moment and they are not sure why he took a turn for the worse, they think he should be admitted, but they admit babies here so we are going back to Peoria. We will take an ambulance once it is light out because the roads are too bad in the dark. I think I'm riding with Leo and Ter is going to go home and get us some stuff. We are not expecting much from Peoria, probably just observation until he works the gunk out. 

I'll try to keep everyone updated but hope to be home soon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment