We started out Saturday by weaning Leo 100% from all pain meds and if he did well and woke up we thought we would get the vent out. In addition, his special IV cocktail was replaced with 100% breast milk pumped in through the tube in his nose. He was making poopy diapers and things were looking good. My mom and I drove with Sammie up to Peoria to meet Terry at the hospital. Mom got to meet Leo for the first time and Terry and I took Sammie to Bass Pro to check out the Santa exhibit and see the fish. It was Terry's night to head home with Sammie so they all left around 2:00 and I stayed with Leo. Throughout the evening, Leo became more and more reliant on the Oxygen and he looked like he was in pain. Around midnight we decided to put him back on pain meds and they did an x-ray. They thought he had a collapse lung and tried laying him on his side and increased support to get it back up. He stabilized but didn't make too much improvement. I was happy to see he was able to rest and didn't seem to be in as much pain. We decided to wait and talk to the doctors on Sunday morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment