Not much has changed with Leo since Terry's last post. His oxygen support has fluctuated up and down a little bit, but no one seems overly concerned about it. His chest x-rays have continued to look good. He has now reached full feeds. Anyone who has been around a newborn lately can appreciate the buddha belly that poofs out when they are full. Leo now sports a round tummy after a full feed and I think it's super cute. The biggest news is Surgery said he may get his chest tube out tomorrow. On one hand I'm thrilled about this because it means we can hold him soon and he should be in less pain. However, I'm a little concerned this takes away one of their indicators of detecting a chylothorax return. There is no good way to diagnose it other than seeing fluid in the tube, observing breathing trouble or seeing fluid on the x-ray. The 1st time it was really hard for them to figure out until milky liquid came out of his tube. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is really gone.
We owe Uncle Dave and my Mom a huge thanks for making us a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner (among other things). It was the 1st time Ter and I had been in our house together since we left to have Leo so it was nice to be home, but missed our little man. On Monday Terry is heading back to the office. We are very fortunate he was able to be away for 3 weeks. We are going to try and make it work with him still staying at the hospital two nights during the week and staying for rounds in the morning. To get our new schedule up and running, I'm staying at the hospital Saturday and Sunday night and he will be here Monday after work. We hope Leo's healing continues so we don't have to keep this up too long and can be under one roof!
Mom got our Turkey this adorable Thanksgiving outfit and her bow from Aunt Susie finally fits this year! I decided she is wearing them next year too!
Glad to hear Leo is stable. He must be a very strong little man. Keeping you all in our prayers. Chris
ReplyDelete